Professor Jim Cox
Brooklyn, NY 11210
- Medical and Scientific Imaging
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Computational Complexity
- Constraint Programming and Operations Research
- "Topological zone segmentation of scalar volume data" (with D.B.
Karron, N. Ferdous), Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, Vol 18, pp
- "Digital Morse Theory for Anatomical Modeling" (with D. Karron),
Proceedings of IEEE BMES-EMBS first joint conference, 1999.
- "A System and Method for Surface Rendering of Internal Structures
within the Interior of a Solid Body", co-invetor, U.S. patent 5, 898,
793, Apr. 27, 1999.
- "The SpiderWeb Algorithm for Surface Construction from Medical Volume
Data: Geometric Properties of its Surfaces" (with D. Karron),
Innovation et Technologie en Biologie et Medecine, 14(6), 1993.
- "New Findings from the Spider Web Algorithm: Toward A Digital Morse
Theory" (with B. Mishra and D. Karron), Proceedings of the
Visiualization in Biomedical Computing Conference, VBC 94, 1994.
- "Extracting 3D Objects from Volume Data Using Digital Morse
Theory" (with D.B. Karron), Proceedings of Computer Vision, Virtual
Reality, and Robotics in Medicine Conference, 1995.
- "Advanced Search" (with T. Marsland and D. Kopec), CRC Handbook
of Computer Science an Engineering, 2003.
- "Decision Procedures Constraint-based Extensions of Datalog"
(with Ken McAloon), Constraint Logic Programming: Selected Rearch (edited by
F. Benhamon and A. Colmerauer), MIT Press, 1993.
- "Computational Complexity and Constraint Logic Programming
Languages" (with K. McAloon and C. Tretkoff), Annals of Mathematics and
Artifical Intelligence, 5, 1992.
- "NL Heirarchy" (with J. Chen and B. Mishra), Information
Processing Letters 39, 1991.
- "On-line Motion Planning: Case of a Planar Rod" (with Chee Yap),
Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 1 (3) 1991.
Please e-mail suggestions/comments to me