1. The two commonly used temperature scales are Celsius (Centrigrade) and Fahrenheit. Which has the larger degree?
2. What happens to the ocean levels during an ice age?
3. What is the land mass called that appears between North America and Asia during the last ice age?
4. What kind of definition is constructed by scientists so there is an agreed on definition?
5. What is the name of the raft constructed by Thor Heyerdahl to show that the peoples of the Pacific might have come from South America rather than Asia?
6. What kind of hull separates a raft from a boat?
7. What is the term used to describe the sun having its northern or southern most rising and settings?
8. what term is used to indicate the lines that run from east to west around the globe?
9. What is the mound called that results from the material pushed ahead of the glacier during the ice age?
10. If you are at the North Pole, how many degrees above horizon would the North Star, Polaris be?
ANSWERS TO THE LAST QUIZ
1. How many oceans are there actually?
2. What term used to use describe etchings made on ivory or whale teeth?
3. The term "tidal wave" is no longer used for large waves that can inundate the coastlines. What is term that is used for these huge waves?
4. What term is used to cover the overall economic contribution of the oceans and coasts to the national economy?
Ans. Blue Economy
5. The ocean has inspired many artistic responses. What is the famous book about whaling written by Herman Melville?
Ans. Moby Dick
6. What is the theory called that discusses an event and the percception of interpretation of the event called?
7. What term used to use describe the attribution of human characteristics to non humans?
8. what term is used to indicate that a person is using the categories of their own culture to analye another?
9. Where is most "fresh wateer" found?
Ans. Galciers and Ice Cap
10. What is the most common mineral found in sea water? Ans. salt (sodium chloride)