1. What term is used for attriburting human qualities to other animals and to things?
2. What term used to describe or analyze a culture in its own terms?
3. What percent of the Earth's surface is covered with water?
4. How many oceans actually are there on Earth?
5. In what is most of the Earth's fresh water to be found?
6. What term is used to indicate how long a substance remains in one of the "spheres"
7. What is the term used for an event and its perception?
8. What star would be directly overhead if you were at the North Pole?
9. In which direction do the ocean's level go during an ice ages?
10. At what angle is the Earth's axis tipped?
ANSWERS TO THE LAST QUIZ1. What floating animal has stinging cells that in some cases can kill people?
2. What term used to use describe etchings made on ivory or whale teeth?
3. What was the distance originally set legally as to how far out into the ocean a country had "rights".
ANSWER: Three miles
4. What term is used to cover the overall economic contribution of the oceans and coasts to the national economy?
ANSWER: Blue economy
5. The ocean has inspired many artistic responses. What is the famous book about whaling written by Herman Melville?
ANSWER: Moby Dick
6. What concept is involved with he term "nullus res" (a non-thing) as it deals with the ocean?
ANSWER: Freedom of the seas
7. About how deep is the deepest part of the ocean?
ANSWER: 7 miles
8. What is a large mass of water pushed up onto the land by a storm known as?
ANSWER: Storm surge
9. What term is used for sailor songs?
10. Let's end with an easy one. What groups of seafaring people are associated with the "skull and crossbones"?