1. What term is used for the zone of the ocean found over the continental shelf?
2. What is the area of the ocean known as where there is enough light to see, but not to photosynthesize?
3. What geological feature is found along the boundaries of the tectonic plates?
4. What is the highest of the high tides during a lunar cycle is called?
5. How many degrees in the angle are there between the Sun Earth and moon when there is a neap tide?
6. What is the distance between wave crests known as?
7. Which kind of breaker causes the most damage to the shore line?
8. What is the distance over which the wind blows uninterrupted called?
9. What evidence is there that shows the continents were once connected and drifted apart over time?
10. What is the lowest point in the ocean known as?
ANSWERS TO THE LAST QUIZ1. What term is used for attriburting human qualities to other animals and to things?
2. What term used to describe or analyze a culture in its own terms?
ANSWER: cultural relativism
3. What percent of the Earth's surface is covered with water?
4. How many oceans actually are there on Earth?
5. In what is most of the Earth's fresh water to be found?
ANSWER: glaciers and ice caps
6. What term is used to indicate how long a substance remains in one of the "spheres"
ANSWER: residence time
7. What is the term used for an event and its perception?
ANSWER: emic etic
8. What star would be directly overhead if you were at the North Pole?
ANSWER: Polaris or The North Star
9. In which direction do the ocean's level go during an ice ages?
10. At what angle is the Earth's axis tipped?
ANSWER: 23.5 degrees