How to Succeed in CIS 32.
- Come to class.
- There isn't much else to say on this point.
- Yes, I post lecture notes on the web.
- BUT, the notes are NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR COMING TO CLASS.
If you must miss a class, YOU are responsible for getting notes from someone
who did come to class.
- Everything I say is NOT in the lecture notes, but anything I say
MIGHT be on an exam or in a homework, so you need to take notes on what I say.
Sometimes there are mistakes in the lecture notes which get caught
during class. So, unless you get to class you risk not finding out what these corrections are.
- Read my hints for sending me email.
- Read my submission and late policy.
- Read my regrade policy.
- Know that arguing about grades is something that really annoys me.
I don't know why you are here, but I am here to help you learn,
not to give you a piece of paper with a letter on it.
If I feel that you are spending more time arguing with me about
your grade than you are working on learning the material or
doing your homework, I will not be happy.
- But really, I'm a reasonable person. If things in your life start to go wrong, please come see me before you let things get out of hand.