how to run the electronic submission.
steps to completing your first homework.
Here's a sample run from the submit script:
- Log into your CUNIX account.
- Create a directory for your cs1007 files:
unix$ mkdir cs1007
Note that you type the commands in bold font;
the "unix$" prompt is what the system displays.
- Go into your cs1007 directory:
unix$ cd cs1007
- Create a directory for your first homework assignment:
unix$ mkdir hw1
- Go into your hw1 directory:
unix$ cd hw1
- Create/edit your homework:
unix$ emacs -nw hw1eis2003.java
(substitute your CUNIX username in place of mine -- eis2003).
- Compile your homework:
unix$ javac hw1eis2003.java
- Run your homework:
unix$ java hw1eis2003
- Go back to step (6) as many times as you need to until the program works
- Now, from inside your cs1007/hw1 directory, run the electronic submission
unix$ ~cs1007/bin/submit [homework-number]
and follow the instructions given!
unix$ ~cs1007/bin/submit 1
CS1007: Introduction to Computer Science
Submitting homework 1
Do you want to submit these files? y
Creating submission archive...
Compressing sumbission archive...
Mailing submission to cs1007...
If you do not receive mail within a few minutes, email firstname.lastname@example.org.