how to run the electronic submission for homeworks.
Here's a sample run from the submit script:
- Log into your CUNIX account.
- Create a directory for your cs3157 files:
unix$ mkdir cs3157
Note that you type the commands in bold font;
the "unix$" prompt is what the system displays.
- Go into your cs3157 directory:
unix$ cd cs3157
- Create a directory for your first homework assignment:
unix$ mkdir hw1
- Go into your hw1 directory:
unix$ cd hw1
- Create/edit your homework:
unix$ emacs hw1eis2003.c
(substitute your CUNIX username in place of mine -- eis2003).
- Compile your homework:
unix$ gcc hw1eis2003. -o hw1eis2003
- Run your homework:
- Go back to step (6) as many times as you need to until the program works
- Now, from inside your cs3157/hw1 directory, run the electronic submission
unix$ ~cs3157/bin/submit [homework-number]
and follow the instructions given!
unix$ ~cs3157/bin/submit 1
CS3157: Advanced Programming
Submitting homework 1
Do you want to submit these files? y
Creating submission archive...
Compressing sumbission archive...
Mailing submission to cs3157...
If you do not receive mail within a few minutes, email email@example.com.