hints for success
- Come to class. Take good notes. Ask questions. Do the reading and
the exercises suggested in class. Do the homework assignments on time.
- Contact me if you are confused or fall behind, for whatever
Come to my office hour or talk to me during virtual office hours.
- I get MANY email messages every day, so please keep your message
short and to the point.
If your story goes on longer than a page (80 colums by 24 rows of
text), then be aware that I probably won't read much past the first
- Note that email messages where the sender's name seems fake (e.g.,
"Mickey Mouse") or the subject is blank or undecipherable, may be
automatically filtered out in attempt to eliminate spam and other
- Don't ever email me code, under any circumstances.
It will be deleted automatically!
- Don't ever mail me an application program or a Java class file
or a word document, under any circumstances.
It will be deleted automatically.
Send me PDF if you need to send me something formatted.
- If I haven't replied to you, please be patient.
Sending me multiple copies of the same message
(or multiple messages that say the same thing)
only clogs my inbox, which takes me longer to get to your message...
- Please send all mail to my Brooklyn CIS address: