The only way to really learn is to immerse yourself in the material and work with it.
The best instructor in the world will not help you if you do not get your hands dirty and try it yourself---many times, until you understand it.
Below are some hints to help you:
- Come to class.
- Take good notes.
- Ask questions.
- Do the reading assigned on the class web page.
- Review the lecture notes posted on the class web page.
- Do the exercises suggested in class.
- Do the assignments on time.
- Contact me if you are confused or fall behind, for whatever reason.
- Come to my office hours or talk to me on-line during virtual office hours (agentprof on AIM).
- I get MANY email messages every day, so please keep your message short and to the point.
- Note that email messages may get eliminated by my spam filter if the sender's name seems fake or unprofessional (e.g., hotbaby12345) or the subject is blank or undecipherable.
- Please don't email me source code.
- Don't ever email me executable code (i.e., an application)!
- If I haven't replied to you, please be patient. Sending me multiple copies of the same message (or multiple messages that say the same thing) only clogs my inbox, which takes me longer to get to your message...
- Please sign your email with your FULL NAME.
- Please send all mail to my Brooklyn CIS address: sklar AT sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu
thank you :-)