cis3.2 home page
welcome to cis3.2!
May 22, 2006
The FINAL EXAM is Thursday May 25, 8.00am-10.00am, in room 232 NE.
As with the midterm, you may bring one page of notes
(8.5" x 11", two sides, any size font).
As with the midterm, no electronic devices are allowed.
Cellphones, pagers, etc must be turned off and stored in backpacks
or other bags.
The final will emphasize the material on the syllabus since the midterm,
content management systems and
agents and bots.
The final will also include questions from the midterm where the whole
class did poorly; in particular, review midterm questions:
3 (definition of C2C),
4 (issues in e-commerce development),
11 (HTML body specifier),
13 (HTML link specifier),
17 (difference between "static" and "dynamic" web pages),
20 (HTML special character codes),
21 (image maps),
23 (HTML form objects), and
May 1, 2006
Homework #5 has been posted. It is due Wednesday May 10.
Click here for hw5.
April 23, 2006
A class blog has been created.
You can access it here.
Please post entries if you are looking for a partner for the term
project or if you just want to say hi to your classmates.
In order to make a post:
- Follow the link above to get to the blog site.
- Click on login. Enter guest for the username and
cis3.2 for the password and click on the login button.
- Once you are logged in, click on Write, which is the second
option on the horizontal menu across the top of the page.
Enter a title for your post and put the content in the "post" field.
(You can skip the "trackback" field.)
Click on Publish to publish your post on the site.
Make sure to sign your name since everyone will be using the "guest" login!
- Click on Logout (guest) on the horizontal menu at the top of the page when you are done.
- The system will return you to the login screen, where you can click on
Back to blog to see your post.
In order to comment (respond to) some else's post:
- Click on No comments or 1 Comment (or however many comments there are...).
- Fill in the fields for "Leave a reply". You must enter your name
and email address. (You can leave "website" blank.) Then place your comment in
the large box and click on Submit Comment.
- Scroll to the top of the page and click on the cis3.2 in the header in order to get back to the main page of the blog.
April 9, 2006
The Term Project has been posted. It is due Monday May 15.
Click here for the term project.
April 3, 2006
Homework #4 has been posted. It is due Monday April 24.
Click here for hw4.
March 19, 2006
REMINDER: MIDTERM exam is tomorrow March 20.
- You may bring one page of notes (8.5" x 11"), double-sided, any size font.
- You may NOT use any electronic devices (e.g., calculators, palm pilots,
ipods, phones, etc.).
- The material covered will be everything from the first lecture up to and
including the lecture on March 13 and the material on hw#3.
- The exam will be held in the normal classroom (232 NE).
March 16, 2006
Homework #3 has been EXTENDED. It is now due FRIDAY MARCH 24.
March 8, 2006
Homework #3 has been posted. It is due Friday March 17. EXTENDED TO MARCH 24!
Click here for hw3.
February 23, 2006
Homework #2 has been posted. It is due Wednesday March 8.
Click here for hw2.
February 12, 2006
Homework #1 has been posted. It is due Wednesday February 22.
Click here for hw1.
Check here for announcements throughout the semester.
I hope you enjoy the semester and learn many cool and useful
programming tools and techniques relating to e-business and the
Please feel free to contact me with any questions and/or concerns.
Email is by far the best way to reach me:
sklar at sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu
--Professor Elizabeth Sklar.