Unit IV: Arrays & Strings
- Notes for class IV.1: Arrays
- Notes for class IV.2: Strings
- Notes for class IV.3: More on strings
- Notes for class IV.4: Strings and arrays
- Here's arrays.cpp, which
gives many of the examples from class IV.1.
- Here's the patient record, and the
data that example uses.
- Here's strings.cpp, which
gives many of the examples from class IV.2.
- Here's the file dna.txt, which
you will need for homework IV.
- Here's strings-and-arrays.cpp,
which gives many of the examples from class IV.4.
Take a look at Chapter 5 for more background on arrays.
Chapter 7 is on strings, BUT some of the stuff it says is now rather
out of date. The bit of the chapter to look at is pages 186 onwards, and
the notes contain more detail than the book on this stuff.